Free Shuttle Bus
Northbridge to Chatswood
The FREE shuttle bus will run 6pm - midnight on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between Northbridge Car Park and the Dougherty Centre in Chatswood. The best parking to use the shuttle is the unrestricted zone at the end of the Northbridge Car Park.
The Chatswood Interchange is home to both trains and buses, and is the best place to start your experience. Make sure you have an Opal card for quick access.
- The best way to get to Vivid Sydney at Chatswood is by catching a train to Chatswood Station on the T1 North Shore & Northern Line.
- Extra services will run every night of Vivid Sydney, with trains stopping at Chatswood every 15 minutes until midnight on Fridays, weekends and the public holiday Monday, 8 June 2015.
- Note: trackwork is taking place on the final weekend of Vivid Sydney and may affect how you travel, so plan ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time.
- Scheduled trackwork will take place on the Saturday 6 June to Monday 8 June long weekend. Buses will replace trains on the:
- T1 North Shore Line between Berowra and Hornsby
- T1 Northern Line between Hornsby and Strathfield via Eastwood.
- Central Coast and Newcastle Line between Central and Hamilton.
- Unplanned trackwork may also be needed depending on operational requirements. For the latest information, check trackwork service updates or use the Trip planner before you travel.
- Sydney Buses Route M40, 273, 257 and 136 services will be diverted between 7pm and midnight on weekdays and 5pm and midnight on weekends due to road closures.
- Temporary bus stops will be in place on Archer Street while diversions are in place.
- Commercial bus drop off and pick-up points have been relocated to Albert Avenue and Chatswood interchange See map for locations.
- Bus stop relocations will be in place on Victoria Avenue between Anderson Street and Archer Street fro 7pm to midnight Monday to Friday and weekdays from 5pm to midnight on weends and the public holida Monday 8 June 2015
- Buses bound for Chatswood Interchangewill be relocated to Archer Street (north of Ferguson Lane).
- The City bound bus stop will be relocated to Archer Street (south of Victoria Avenue).
- See Vivid Sydney at Chatswood bus diversions for details, or use the Trip planner.
The Vivid Sydney at Chatswood lightwalk is fully accessible for wheelchairs and prams. Plan your trip in the early part of the week and in the evening to keep away from the crowds.
- Roads in the Chatswood CBD will be closed from 7pm to midnight on weeknights and from 5pm to midnight on weekends and the public holiday Monday, 8 June 2015.
- Major closures include:
- Victoria Avenue between Anderson Street and Archer Street.
- Anderson Street between Victoria Avenue and Albert Avenue (no exit from Westfield Shopping Centre car park to Anderson Street).
- Anderson Street between Help Street (at St Pius X College) and Victoria Avenue.
- The Concourse Car Park will remain open throughout Vivid. Entry will be via Archer Street and exit via Ferguson Lane and right into Anderson Street.
- Traffic may be heavy in the Chatswood CBD and on roads approaching the area, including the Pacific Highway, so allow plenty of extra travel time.
- Special event clearways will also be in place daily from 3pm to midnight throughout the event.
- Special event clearways are no parking zones, even for residents and businesses with parking permits and Mobility Scheme permits. Vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a fee applies.
- Visit Vivid Sydney for an interactive map showing road closure and clearway dates, times and locations.
- You can also find information on traffic conditions by visiting Live Traffic NSW, downloading a real-time traffic app from the App Store or Google Play, or calling 132 701.
- Taxi ranks can be found on the corner of Victoria Avenue and Railway Street, on the western side of Chatswood Interchange.
- For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, see NSW Taxis.
If travelling by car, the best places to park are the Chatswood Chase, Westfield Chatswood and The Concourse car parks. The Councourse car park will extend operating hours to 1am on Sundays.
Detailed traffic and walking map for Vivid Sydney at Chatswood (268.99 KB).